Friday 17 June 2011

RADIO INTERVIEW - AND MORE

Well, I’m late again but I think I do have a few more excuses.
Things are still very busy here with trying to get the word out about Ray’s two books – as in the last post here – and my book, Justice at Baragula.
Yesterday Ray had an appointment in Launceston and I had a lovely time with a great lady, June Younger, who made me so welcome at a Know Your Bible study group she led nearly eight years ago when we first moved to settle in Tasmania. She had rung me asking for my book which I was able to deliver to her yesterday morning. I did enjoy fellowship again with this Godly woman until I suddenly realised the time had gone and I was late already picking up Ray from his appointment!
Mmm...being punctual has always been a problem for me – as my followers on this blog already know. Fortunately, Ray and I still had time to have lunch and be on time for our radio interview appointment at Launceston’s Way FM105.3. www.wayfm.org.au
After other books of mine hit the shelves, over the years I have had the experiences of a few radio interviews in different cities. Ray also has done some stints on radio stations during our years in ministry, including being rostered on minister’s fraternal devotional spots and since moving to Tasmania being a presenter for a while on another northern Tasmanian FM community radio station. But this was a new experience for both of us! One thing that had never happened to me before was the presenter praying with us before the interview. Awesome!
Then Ray and sat side by side speaking into our individual microphones while Steven Weeks interviewed us. It was pretty nerve-wracking in some ways and I have to confess feeling inadequate and ill-prepared.
Steven had read Ray’s two devotional books and so had some good questions which I thought Ray handled very well about his reasons for writing devotional books of God’s heart as revealed in the scriptures about Children and Marriage.
Then it was my turn. Fortunately Steven’s wife had read my book – and enjoyed it very much. This well known “talker” still found it all rather difficult and it was with some trepidation I listened to the interview over the airwaves a few hours later.
Sorry readers, the interview is not available on the internet, so you will have to take my word for it that I believe God will use the airwaves as HE wills in all of this. However, you will have another opportunity to meet with us face to face at the launch of our books at Door of Hope church in Glen Dhu, Launceston this Sunday at 11.45am for a start at 12 midday.

AND A REMINDER: DON'T MISS OUT ON THE DRAW FOR ONE OF RAY'S BOOKS.  See HIS POST - last Tuesday and LEAVE A COMMENT to be in the draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.