Monday 13 February 2012

Ray on Monday -What Noah found

My apologies for no blog from Mary last Thursday. I was busy publishing my rostered post on International Christian Fiction Writers blog It is about promotion - whether pleasure or pain for writers. Click here to have a read of my thoughts a few days ago!

And Ray too has been busy but has made time for these thoughts to share with us today.

Read Genesis 6:1-22
Imagine being on board the ark. Tossed around by the cataclysmic weather outside; feeding the animals; cleaning their stalls for a year and maybe enduring sea-sickness. Noah found grace but not comfort. He knew security but not idleness. God’s call on his life was challenging and often unpleasant.

Christians know they are saved by Grace. They have found peace with God and safety from Judgement. What hasn’t been promised is a smooth journey. Christ’s words to the original group, recorded in John 16:33 still rings true, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world”.

The disciples of Jesus are called to be witnesses, spokespersons and co-labourers in the Gospel. All have their gifts and abilities and are placed in various circumstances to be God’s sign-post, helping hand or messenger. His grace is tasted by faithful obedience.

The journey with Jesus may be rough but the destination makes it all worth while.

Prayer: Lord, whether I’m happy or not in my circumstances I need you to impart your Grace to me. Cause me to be confident you will work things out for good and make me your sign-post and stepping stone for others to know you. Amen.

Just a closing thought.

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10.

Ray (becalmed) Hawkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.