Saturday 4 April 2015

Dreaming about my next book.

   This book was my second Heartsong Presents inspirational romance novel published by Barbour Publishing in America. As well as my Search and Great Southland series, I am so thrilled they released it again last year as an e-book. This is the cover of the e-book available on Amazon and other sites like Barnes and Noble, Australia's Koorong and Word Australia bookshops.
   After writing my other Heartsongs and a requested novella for Barbour's Christmas Dreams volume, I decided to write a spin-off for Damaged Dreams. By that time my husband, Ray, was ministering at a church in Northampton, north of London. That is where we were living when I wrote the first draft of the manuscript, Delayed Dreams. Naturally this new book had to be set mainly in beautiful England. Unfortunately, by that time, it was decided by my editor there had been too long a period since the first book had been published.

Now that this book is again available as an e-book, I have been working again on revising the  original Delayed Dreams manuscript. It has been a very busy time here the last few months, and I am delighted that at long last I have submitted it to a publisher today. Of course, the hero and heroine were young minor characters who were very good friends in Damaged Dreams.

Would love to have comments from anyone who has already read Damaged Dreams. If you haven't read the paperback, do download that e-book version!

Can you tell me the names of the hero and heroine in Damaged Dreams?
Who do you think are the characters from that first book who now have their own romance story told?

And I hope you are all celebrating a very wonderful Easter season, as we remember the greatest Book ever written of the story of God's love for us in His Son, Jesus Christ

Check out my updated website: http://www.mary-hawkins.com
Don't forget my Facebook site.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary! I stumbled upon this blog searching for new book suggestions. This is great. I haven't read any of your books, but I'll have to check them out. Thanks! Which one do you recommend I start with?

    I wanted to pass along one my pastor recommended to me. It’s the #1 bestseller on religious fiction, so maybe you’ve already heard of it. But I can’t stop thinking about. It’s a fantastic collection of short stories. It’s called Pieces Like Pottery. I really can’t recommend it enough. I would love to see your review of it at some point! http://tinyurl.com/ozaybjm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry not to have responded to your comment before now, Mike. Have been having problems accessing my blog.
    Which book to recommend first depends on your preferences. Of course, I do recommend you read the first book in any series first. All "stand alone" but they do "flow" better I think. All my back list before my Baragula series are no longer available except as e-books. You will be able to read more information about those on sites like Amazon, Barnes and Noble or Koorong and Word Australia bookshop websites. The three Baragula books in print (so far!) are now no longer available from Christian bookshops unless ordered. I have my copyright back from the Australian publisher on those and so am now the supplier of those three books. Only the third book, Justice at Baragula was released as an e-book by the publisher to Word Australia and Koorong. Of course I am hoping to get all three out as e-books also to Amazon etc. Right now I am selling the stock I currently have at the special rate of AUD$18 each plus postage. As soon as I can will update to my news page on my website - on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.